11/1/11

My Excuses

Saturday, I went on an impromptu trip to Plainview, TX to my Great Uncle Joe's art exhibit.

This was followed by an impromptu sleepover at my mother's, where I got to sleep in my jeans on a lumpy mattress.

That was followed by a Sunday morning Kmart shopping spree, where I was quite disappointed to not find a replacement for the rug I'd recently (and accidentally) dyed pink.

Then a drive home.

Then cleaning. Lots of cleaning. Followed by lots of napping. Then a party. Because, as one might imagine, lots of housework and sleep were neglected in the time it took me to do all this:

Photobucket

(Better pictures of Melody are pending. And I didn't quite make it all--Charlie's Yoda hat was purchased and my bonnet was made by my grandmother many years ago. The rest is all me, baby. Oh, except for the sand timer that Charlie picked up at the party and decided to use as a lightsaber since I made him wait until actual Halloween to crack a glow in his.)

I was also thwarted by projects for Red Ribbon Week. See, when you have 4 people at 3 elementary schools who have drastically different themes for how to dress up for 5 consecutive days, it gives mommy 15 separate headaches that have to be solved through efforts such as this:

Photobucket

(What do breast cancer and illegal/illicit drug use have in common? October. But now an entire elementary school of children think that getting high causes breast cancer. Yeah.)

Kmarting/Traveling/Cleaning/Napping/Partying Sunday was followed by Puking Monday. I am greatly thankful that a) no one else got sick, and b) if I had to do that with no husband nearby, at least they had 8+ hours out of the house that day.

Today has been a day of work, homework, gymnastics and, I kid you not, 3 weeks' worth of laundry. Because Sewing always supercedes Laundry.

Unfortunately, Laundry had to supercede Chicken Story because I got a new principal today, we have administrator walking through our classrooms tomorrow, a cold front is coming through tonight and, for all these reasons and many more, I should not go to school in the morning buck naked.

Here are adorable pictures of my kids at the Texas State Fair to tide you over:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Did you know they made four-horned sheep?
Photobucket

(By 'they' I mean 'Almighty God' of course.)

Can't you just see this camel smoking a cigarette? I kind of see where the "Joe Camel" idea came into play. His lips just beg for it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Oh, and kangaroo with joey was adorable.
Photobucket

Shortly after this photo, this Texas Longhorn attacked me with it's horn, trying to nudge me out of it's way.
Photobucket

Melody's response, "Maybe it thought you were an Aggie."

Touché.

No comments: