10/27/13

Now that's a visual image

Charlie excels in many areas. Keeping food in his stomach is not one of them. 

We've had everything checked out. It seems to be more of a sensory issue/gag reflex than anything more serious, and it's definitely not contagious. The problem is, though, that you can't always tell when it is contagious, except by the frequency patterns. 

So each barf has this little waiting period following it in which we try to determine what is to be done about it. 

So this morning, it happens again.  Dowlan takes the girls to church while I do laundry and keep an eye on him. I appreciate it happening on a non-work day, actually, but we are hosting a weekly church small group right now, one that hasn't actually met in three weeks due I other mishaps. It's a bit important to get a plan B established early on. 

So I am texting a friend this morning. It should read: Charlie threw up this morning. 

Only I thumb blundered and it autocorrected to: Charlie threw up this Mormon. 

And I suddenly imagine this little dude holding a stack of pamphlets free-falling out of Charlie's mouth, tie askew and limbs flailing. 

And I cannot stop laughing. 

No comments: