12/12/09

Even a handful of sprinkles can't hide the fact

that my name isn't Grechen.

Photobucket

It's only been, what, ten years?

Other than that, though, it was a fantastic twenty-eleventh birthday. I came home to a living room draped in orange and yellow crepe paper and a dining room prepared for a queen:

Photobucket

I even had special decorations gracing my place at the table:

Photobucket

There was overflow seating for short guests at this table, whose centerpieces were chosen by Charlie.

Photobucket

And the guests were stunning in their high-fashion:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was a great party. Grechen would have loved it.

***

As I started to load these pics, I snapped some great shots of Dixie's toothless self, but, when I tried to get them to load into photobucket, they weren't on the card. When I put the card back in the camera, however, I can see the pics. Perhaps the camera was so overwhelmed with the 145 pictures Dixie took that it decided to hold them hostage. (and, gee, I wonder why my camera batteries are always dead?)

But here's some of her best work, starting with the new Lite Brite and the wreath they made recently:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was recently asked how Dixie got cat scratches on her face and answered, "She won't believe me that ballroom dancing with a cat is a bad idea." Here is another bad idea involving the cat:

Photobucket

Poor guy, can't get a moment's rest:

Photobucket

Wait. Can that really be this cat, less than six months later?

Photobucket

The other cat has better hiding skills:

Photobucket

While I am throwing random pics in, here they are at their Thanksgiving party, pilgrimified:

Photobucket

There were no fewer than fifteen self-portraits of her navel. Perhaps she is contemplating it?

Navel, plain:
Photobucket

Navel, with funky flash features:
Photobucket

She also appears to be perfecting her profile pic for some future MySpace account she won't be getting:

Photobucket

4 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Happy 2011th, Grechin.
Hilarious post, because I've had kids who do those things.

Sally P said...

I guess you know what to get Dixie--her own camara!

Brandy said...

Love the random pictures. My daughter does the same thing. I'll download pictures and there will be 75 pictures just of her My Little Ponies or 30 something pictures of the inside of her nose. I love it!

Happy Birthday

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Grechen!

I love all the random pics. Thanks for sharing them.