9/16/09

more adoration for the crockpot

Pork loin and pork chops have been really cheap lately--roughly 1.40 a pound. so i got some gallon zip-lock bags and filled them full of meat, veggies and marinade. Each bag had either 4-6 chops or 2 smaller cuts of loin and one of the following:

  • green chiles, green salsa, chopped potatoes
  • barbecue sauce and sliced onion
  • Carribean jerk marinade
  • red, orange and yellow bell pepper slices, sliced onion, lime juice, garlic and cilantro
  • lemon juice, garlic, pepper and montreal steak seasoning
  • a tangy apricot sauce
If I had been thinking more clearly, I would have thrown more veggies in each of the bags.

I left the six bags in the fridge for a day to let the flavors really get working before putting them in the freezer. Now, all I have to do is defrost enough to get them out of the bag and put it in the crock pot on high all day, then come home to ready-made dinner.

1 comment:

H said...

I'm thinking I need to register for a crock pot when I do my bridal registry. The only thing I've ever made in a crock pot was meatballs... ha. I'm not very domestic, I admire a good domestic goddess when I see one!