8/4/10

As we drove the 213 miles to sign new hire paperwork and get started with house hunting, I turned to ask Dowlan, "Does any of this seem real to you?" and he replied with, "It's so fast, it doesn't even seem possible."

We left the house at 5:15 and got to the admin building at 8:50 to get a badge and sign up for benefits. Benefits! Actual insurance! While I was in there, Dowlan and the kids went around with a realtor. We're not sure if we're buying or renting, but needed to get started. In what can only be described as a bizarre turn of events, the realtor they went around with today lost his wife on Monday. Despite that, he insisted that he was fine with the appointment.

After they picked me up, we went to my friend's house to leave the first PennyVann load full of stuff. We had just time enough to empty it all before heading home. We got into town at 5:35 and I was at work ten minutes later.

I am tired.


Oh! Two days ago, Charlie turned 4. Two days from now, Dixie turns 7. My babies are so big!

3 comments:

Sasha said...

So excited that things are going well for you- I know that must be a relief- especially to have insurance! Congrats!

PapillionMom said...

What a nice feeling it must be to have insurance again. No more run-around crap with red tape and such!! Happy birthday to your babies, I turn a tad older on Dixie's birthday. It's a great day to have a birthday!!

Kristin said...

For us it was so unreal, one moment we were unemployed for about 2 months.

Then I was packing everything up trying to figure out where I wanted to live, house hunt, so I could start a job in about 2 weeks.

I kept saying "could it be over, really over?

Congrats again!