8/2/10

since last sunday, I

  • drove to my parents' house
  • switched dixie to a booster from a car seat
  • gave charlie an emergency haircut
  • drove 500 miles to new mexico with seven people in my seven passenger van
  • got to meet two family members i'd never met before
  • took charlie michael to meet the woman whose son is where the michael came from
  • rented a car
  • sent my family off into the mountains for 4 days
  • drove 450 miles to a small town on three hours' notice
  • spent the night of a friend i hadn't seen in 12ish years after finding her on facebook
  • went to wal*mart for a haircut and good shoes
  • toured a state university and drove around a small neighborhood
  • interviewed for an elementary music teaching job
  • drove home
  • slept for three days
  • made preliminary moving plans
  • and got a phone call today saying i got the job
 I'm really glad I got this job for many reasons, not the least of which that I was going to be really irked if I missed my camp out for this interview and didn't get the job. Steady income and health insurance are good too, I suppose.

I start work next tuesday and the girls will start school there two weeks later. the moving-on-short-notice bit could get interesting.

10 comments:

megaroonie said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats Gretchen!!! so happy for you!!!!

kb4525 said...

Congrats!!! Where is this wonderful blessing teaching job? Does this mean Gretchen will be leaving the Austin area?

It's the wife said...

Congratulations! I know you and your family have been struggling for some time and I am so happy for you. I hope the move goes well and I can't wait to hear more about your adventures! :)

Mrs. Joyce said...

So excited! You and Becky's family both moving closer to home. Do get to know Paula Woynton, violin teacher in San Angelo. Congratulations!

Ksagstetter said...

Oh, I'm so happy! I know you will make it work. SO HAPPY.

Kristin said...

That's great news, Gretchen ~ Congratulations! Where are you moving to?

Carol said...

What a whirlwind of a week! Congrats on the new job!

Amy said...

Great news!! Congrats and good luck with the move!!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site adventureswithgretchen.blogspot.com
Is this possible?