6/6/10

Not so silly after all

So the more I got to thinking about it, the more I liked the idea of Melody having her own blog. I mean, part of homeschooling the girls this summer is trying to get them to write their thoughts down and learn spelling, right? And, someday, it might be kind of fun to look back at all her six-year-old thoughts.

http://melodyanneland.blogspot.com/

And, to be fair . . .

http://dixiestown.blogspot.com/

Dixie wants to sit down and blog every time she has a thought, Melody wants to make it part of her bedtime routine and use it to reflect on her day. I'm hoping to, before too long, get them to write some little stories to liven it up a bit. It may fizzle out once the novelty wears off, but I'm okay with that. I'm a little leery of having them so comfortable on the internet, so young.

They do not know how to get to their blogs without parental help. Frankly, they can't do a whole lot on there without some grown up around to ask about spelling.

Melody has already asked for her own computer, so that she can keep up with her blog. Daddy pointed out that he still has never owned a computer and I pointed out that I got my first when I was 22 and paid for it. Still, I promised her a computer when she went to college.

3 comments:

Uncle Trey said...

I can't leave comments on the new blogs without signing up for a google, livejournal, etc account.

Shannon said...

Cute! I may have to steal this idea for Faith.

Deb said...

I love this idea.