11/8/07

We're out of people to vomit next

Charlie had his turn all day and I just started my round.

***

Dixie had been asleep tonight for about an hour when a bad dream woke her up. So she came to snuggle in with me. Dowlan was finishing up his project du jour and was standing in the kitchen with tools. Dixie whispered to me: "Mommy! Do you think Daddy is building a whole new house?"

She overheard a woman's voice on the TV and asked me, "Mommy, is that God's wife talking?"

She is also not quite recovered from Halloween. She only refers to Dowlan as Scarecrow and me as Ursula. Tonight's Dinner Conversation:

Dixie: Scarecrow, why did you want to marry Ursula?
Dowlan: Because I don't have a brain. (Quickly Backtracking) So I needed to marry someone who had one.
Gretchen: So are you saying that you married the sea witch because she bewitched you or she b****ed at you until you gave in?
Dowlan: I didn't say that. I am going to stop talking now.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Oh, my goodness... It's been a while since I caught up on the Gretchens, and I really need to do it more often. I forgot how funny you and your kids are -- love the blind shopping trip that became a furniture shopping trip. Works for me!