1/27/10

Well, a girl can dream

Melody, worried that daddy doesn't do laundry often enough, wanted to conserve her clean panties.

Mommy: Remember that I just bought 19 pairs of panties? You already had about 10 pairs in that size, so it give each girl 14 or 15 pairs of panties, which is enough to last two weeks. That's plenty to get you through, even when the laundry gets piled up.
Melody: Two weeks?
Mommy: Yes. Two weeks. You'll be fine.
Dixie: Wouldn't it be great if we had three months' worth of panties?
Mommy: Daddy's not THAT slow with the laundry. You don't need that many.
Dixie: But it's not fair! I WANT enough panties to last three months. When can I have lots and lots of panties?
Mommy: When you're in college.
Dixie: Really?
Mommy: Yes. When I was in college, I remember going weeks without doing laundry. I knew guys who went months.
Dixie: Wow! I can't wait to go to college so I can have all the panties I want!
Mommy: Kid, whatever motivates you to go to college.

3 comments:

Ksagstetter said...

I'm remembering the pile of laundry in a certain roommate's closet (you know who I'm talking about), because she didn't know how to do laundry and just bought new underwear when she ran out.

~Gretchen~ said...

And I'm remembering sharing said closet with said roommate. *shudder*

Lass said...

That is adorable! I remember thinking as a kid that when I was a grown up and lived out of home I was going to buy all the chocolate I wanted, no more yucky brocolli...yeah. Realising that chocolate isn't going to keep you fed is a harsh moment as a college student!