6/13/08

Our Forever Family is Complete!

We just got out of court! Everything went well. Melody walked in saying, "Where's the judge? I want to be the judge!" and was disappointed that she didn't get to testify as well. Dixie curled up in a chair in the jury box and sneered at me with twinkling eyes the whole time. She really doesn't like to hear people talking about her and she kept giving me her 'I'm happy trouble' look.

The judge looked thrilled for us. I got to answer a few questions and then they looked over paperwork. Her name is officially changed and filed on record with the county clerk's office. We're done! She's ours!!!!

We congregated out in the hallway for a bit to celebrate and I had just made the comment, "We're getting a little loud. We should probably go outside to finish our party" when the girls took off down the hall screaming at the top of their lungs. The people holding court in another chamber came out looking less than thrilled with us. Because of the building layout, we couldn't find the girls! There were so many twists and tunnels that I couldn't figure out which hallway they were down.

So we're celebrating with Sonic Happy Hour drinks and SpongeBob.

12 comments:

~B. said...

Congratulations! :) Just read the news.

Anonymous said...

YAY, Gretchen! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats to you all! And lots of big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Your blog totally cracks me up!!

Anonymous said...

YAY!

Watty said...

I'm SOOO glad it's over! Have a sugar free peach slushie for me!! ;)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! Break out the Sharpies -- it's time to celebrate. ;)

Sara said...

CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

It all went well!! Yey! Congrats to your wonderful family. I just caught up on your news as I was in MO for a week. I found out what humidity is, an I don't like it.
Seattle has better air.
So glad to hear your happy news.
Keep up the good work. You are a spectacular family : ) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I am so excited for you!! I actually started crying and had to wipe my eyes in order to finish reading your blog. HA!!

Love you!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

Multislacking Mama said...

Many more happy celebrations for you and your family! I'm truly excited for you and I thought of you often on Friday :o)

Holly

Kara said...

Congratulations!!

M said...

Congratulations!!!!

It's an awesome, almost surreal feeling isn't it??

You just made me thirsty. I heart me a Sonic strawberry fresh fruit slush. Mmmmmmmm