4/26/08

Awww! I should leave more often!

I went to our church's Women's Retreat this weekend.

I have been very burned out with the whole parenting gig lately. Part of it is that I am naturally lazy, part of it is that it seems like they're all insane. Simply insane. Charlie goes around biting, Melody is hysterical at the drop of a hat, and Dixie is inventing an entire fantasy world surrounding her birth parents that is rather hard to compete with.

Oh, and there's the part where I'm just lazy.

I left yesterday, and I gotta admit that I wasn't feeling so good about leaving. I had just almost witnessed the demise of my youngest courtesy of a mall escalator and had spent a good bit of time shouting at the taller ones in the 24 hours leading up to it. So I go. Sing some songs, do crafts, listen to some talks. You get the idea.

I always dread coming home. I know what my house looked like when I left, but that doesn't mean it is going to have even the most remote resemblance when I return 28 hours later.

I came home and I heard MOMMYMOMMYMOMMY through the door, was greeted with massive girl hugs and then charlie kissed my nose! I have to brag that my incredible husband taught Charlie to give kisses while I was gone! When he was leaning in, I just KNEW I was going to get bit, but I got kissed a dozen times instead with real smacking kisses! And then he walked around, practicing kissing.

It was sooooo cool to be missed. Proves I'm not invisible.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post today. Sometimes you just have to go away to be appreciated!

Betsy Hart said...

I know the feeling, going away and coming home to kids who MISSED you. Its a wonderful feeling. And sometimes those women's retreats are the best!

Sugarhead said...

oh you made me giggle. I love stories of children saying the silly amazing things their imaginations come up with.