4/11/08

Just say NO

Charlie's NO practice has paid off--he is becoming quite good at his NO-ing. So we have invented the NO game. Charlie and I stick our foreheads together, stare each other in the eye, and have a conversation like this:

Charlie: No.
Mommy: No.
C: No.
M: No.
C: NO.
M: NO!
C: NOnonononoNONONOno.
M: Yes!
C: NO.
M: NO!

Yeah, you get the idea.

After round three of this invigorating game, I'm changing Mr. Charlie's Pants. He is doing Pilates--grabbing his hands just below the knee and rocking his legs back and forth, twisting at the waist.

I forgot to check to see if he was pulling his navel towards his spine in proper Pilates form, because I was laughing so hard.

He was singing No, No, NO, NO, NO to the tune of The Blue Danube.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Isn't funny how every kid Charlie Pants age goes through the NO stage? Just like when Mel and Dixie turn 6 they will sing the childhood songs you remember (while slapping hands together) like...SEE SEE OH PLAYMATE!
AND when they are in the fourth grade they WILL collect stickers.
Garanteed!

Devon said...

I cannot comprehend the possibility of having 'Dixie' written on the bristles of your toothbrush.

Devon said...

Ok so I just realized it says paintbrush, not toothbrush. That makes more sense.

~Gretchen~ said...

it was a large paintbrush

Trey said...

I *LOVED* stickers in the 4th grade, I had never thought about it in a cultural anthropology context. I always hoarded mine though, I was saving them for something important I guess.

Kathy said...

Hi, I just found your blog via Ashley's Closet and it's cracking me up. My son SO does the same thing when changing his diaper. I have to practically wrestle him to the ground to keep him still.