10/20/07

If You Ever Hear Me Say

"Hey, let's just have this birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese"

then, please, shoot me. I am only happy to report right now that we have lived through the day.

There should never be that many children wandering around losing tickets and shoving coins into games they don't know how to play while being harassed by a giant rat. Charlie's face had a disturbing glazed-over look from all the visual stimulation and there was a never ending serious of whining, screaming kids being dragged through the door.

5 comments:

Leah said...

LOL!! We went to Chuck E. Cheese for a friend's birthday party one time and it was a horrible experience; we haven't been back. There were so many people you could hardly move, I lost track of my oldest far too many times in the crowd for my sanity/comfort, and our baby, as you mentioned about yours, was very overstimulated by the madness!!

Anonymous said...

The last time I was in a Chuck E. Cheese was probably when Leah was 10...Almost 20 years ago. I swore I'd never go again and I haven't!
I lost my Tyler there one time and I am a very good mother! He was in the ball pit, buried. And if you think about all the germs in that place! YUCK.

Shannon said...

LOL, it is a crazy loud chaotic experience.

We were just at one for my daughter's best friend. I found it amusing only because the mom (good friend of mine) swore up and down no CEC party for them. Then, for her son's 6th birthday, she asked the open-ended question of "where do you want to go?" That pretty much screwed her.

I personally opted for the close-ended question of "cooking place, bounce house or our house, pick one". ;o)

Anonymous said...

I'd rather go to the toy aisle at Wal Mart on Black Friday at 5 am, sober.

Essential Amy said...

Chuck e cheese is one of the worst places on earth. Seriously.